- Accept a time proportioned or on/off signal from a controller
- Operate at smaller cycle times to reduce wear
- Ideal where tight process control is required
- Resistant to shock and vibration
- Accept AC or DC control input voltages with AC or DC output at 10 to 75A
- Available for both general purpose or heavy-duty, which can operate on higher voltage and withstand high currents and harsh environments
- Other features include photo isolation, 600 volt blocking voltage, 2500 volt isolation, zero voltage turn-on, built-in snubber, and high surge capability
- Compact in size, measuring 57 x 44 x 22mm
- Available in a number of configurations and mounting options
|Solid-State Relays (SSRs) are electronic switching devices that accept a time proportioned or on/off signal from a controller. Rapid cycling can wear out electro-mechanical relays, whereas SSRs operate at much smaller cycle times. Therefore, SSRs can be employed where extremely tight process control is required and when durability is a necessity. The life of a heating element is increased considerably when the on/off cycle that is used to time-proportion the heater is kept at 1 or 2 seconds, or less, thus reducing the thermal expansion and contraction of the element. The fast cycling SSRs ensure longer heater life at lower cost. In addition, temperature control is optimized with the faster cycling SSRs compared to electro-mechanical relays.
Since SSRs have no moving parts, mechanical failure is eliminated. They are resistant to shock and vibration and are durable if operated within the tolerable ambient temperatures. Heat-sinks will efficiently dissipate the heat thereby increasing each unitís life.
Featuring state-of-the-art surface mount technology, SSRs come in a number of configurations with different mounting options. They are compact, typically measuring 57(H) x 44(W) x 22(D)mm. They accept AC or DC control input voltages with DC or AC output at 10-75A. They are available in both general purpose and heavy duty styles. Heavy duty style SSRs operate on higher voltage (480V AC) and will withstand high currents and harsh industrial environments. Other features include photo isolation, 600 volt blocking voltage, 2500 volt isolation, zero voltage turn-on, built-in snubber, and high surge capability.